The ‘Société d’Agriculture du Comté de Shefford ‘(SACS) is the NPO (non-profit organization) responsible for the preservation of the Park, as proprietor of a portion of the land jointly with the City of Bromont.
Founded in 1843, the SACS’ principal mission is to promote agriculture. In 1993, a growing desire to support activities at the Equestrian Park will revive the organization. Thanks to an innovative partnership between the SACS, the City of Bromont and Nature Conservancy Canada, 500 acres of land have been allotted for protection: thus preserving the equestrian vocation of the Olympic site in perpetuity.
With this new venture, the ‘Société d’Agriculture’ resolves to promote and develop equestrianism, as well as country living in general.
- Encourage the betterment of agriculture, the agro-processing industry, especially in breeding and livestock production techniques, training as well as supporting sports and disciplines associated with horses, horticulture and the arts;
- Raise awareness with regional and national stakeholders on the importance of supporting agriculture, livestock production techniques and training, as well as sports associated directly or indirectly to the equine industry;
- Popularize rural practices, breeding and training techniques, teaching and schooling methods as well as appropriate management skills;
- Promote and host regional, national and international horse competitions;
- Include the general public and promote on site agricultural events , agro-processing (local farm products), farm tourism, fairs and other related activities, while transmitting the heritage associated to equine sports;
- Build the infrastructures necessary to present events supporting and promoting equestrianism, all disciplines considered.